Preparing your cycling trip
Prepare your cycling trip using our website
Check first on the level of difficulty of ViaRhôna’s various sections and stages:
- The interactive maps indicate the types of tracks on each stage, be they greenways, shared roads or provisional stretches.
- Families and inexperienced cyclists, opt for stretches along greenways
- Check on changes in altitude along the stages
- Read the detailed technical descriptions of the various stages
- Read the comments and tips left by other users of our website
Check on related services available on or near the route thanks to the interactive maps of ViaRhôna’s sections and stages:
- bike-hire and bike-repair companies
- tourist and heritage sights to visit along the way
- places where you can stop to get further information
- useful train and bus stations along the route
- warnings on works and dangerous spots along the route
Further advice to prepare your cycling trip along the ViaRhôna route
- Check on travel and works information along the route.
- Carry a detailed guide with you, or download the GPS details on the relevant route stages.
- You can use the website roadbook facility to keep specific details online (on relevant sections, stages, accommodation, etc.)
- Check the weather forecast before you set off and always plan for emergencies.
- Consider the possibility of a readymade cycling holiday, where a specialist company organizes the reservation of accommodation, transportation of luggage and a tailormade roadbook for you – all you have to do is to pedal along!