Secure routes from 15 to 25km, on greenways
With your family, take some fun breaks!
- Water: swimming, canoeing, windsurfing, jet-skiing, amphibious car.
- Delicacies: fun visit of the Cité du Chocolat in Tain.
- Discoveries: feeding crocodiles on their farm in Pierrelatte.
Meanwhile the 306 km of greenways which are in progress on ViaRhôna, the cycle route already offers numerous possibilities for family cycling outings.
We highlight these easy stretches in this Special Family-friendly section, so get on your bikes... in quietness!
Here are our ideas for family outings
For a successful family cycling trip:
- Opt for stretches of greenways, presented under the section ‘Special Family-friendly Options’ (which you can access via the Home Page) and indicated in green on the maps of ViaRhôna’s sections and stages.
- Start with short, easy stages for the children.
Fifteen to 25 km in a day is a reasonable distance to start off with.
- Prepare your cycling trip carefully in advance.
Good preparation generally helps avoid any nasty surprises along the route. Also check the weather forecast closely before heading out.
- Stop regularly for a rest.
Plan for visits and activities along ViaRhôna – there’s a great choice.
- Take water and energy foods with you.
- Inform your children of the safety regulations they must respect.
Respect the highway code. Remember to cycle on the right-hand side, to look straight ahead and anticipate, and to stop at all junctions.
- It is possible to rent trailers or a third wheel for a trailer.
This is much more comfortable and more fun than travelling with a child seat or baby seat.
- Check that all bikes are in a good state of repair, for you and your child or children.
- Check that the size of bike is right for each child.