Provisional route following unsignposted small roads. Steep slopes at Hières-sur-Amby. Before Saint-Romain de-Jalionas (on the D 65B road) keep your eyes peeled for the Peillard track on the right. Be careful of busy traffic along the D 55 road. Bypass Villette-d’Anthon via Mons, Pommier and Jons.
At the crossroads of the D55E and D55, take the rocky track you’ll see in front of you.
Railway stations (SNCF) :
The nearest railway stations :
Montluel railway station : 7,3 km from Jons (on busy roads)
- TER (local services) Line 35 : Culoz > Ambérieu-en-Bugey > Montluel > Lyon
Ambérieu-en-Bugey railway station : 15 km from La Balme-Les-Grottes (on busy roads)
- TER (local services) Line 35 Chambéry > Culoz > Ambérieu-en-Bugey > Lyon
- TER (local services) Line4 Annecy > Aix-les-Bains > Saint-André-le-Gaz > Lyon Part Dieu > Ambérieu-en-Bugey
- TER (local services) Line 3 Saint-Gervais – Evian – Geneva > Bellegarde > Culoz > Ambérieu-en-Bugey > Lyon Part Dieu
- TER (local services) Line 30 Mâcon > Bourg-en-Bresse > Ambérieu-en-Bugey
Tourist Information Centre :
- Crémieu Tourist Office Ph. 04 74 90 45 13
Crémieu: a medieval town that has presereved its striking architecture, some going back to the 12th century. The town’s most iconic building is its huge, low covered market, which has remained unaltered, serving the same purpose, for over 500 years.
Hières-sur-Amby: Musée-Maison du Patrimoine (heritage museum) and archeological site at Larina.
Vernas: for the château du Cingle.
Jons: for the dam built around 1933 to increase the flow of water in the Canal de Jonage and to evacuate excess water into the former bed of the Rhône.